I am finishing up the cast glass pieces of one of my students from the workshop in August. Since I usually cannot make myself fire one piece at a time – I took the opportunity to add seven color studies to the firing. Using my pipped hatchling waxes I wanted to explore a more opal, less transparent look so my sea turtles will potentially look more ancient. These studies give me hints as to how I can expand an opal palette and do further tests. A body of work, of large cast glass sea turtles, will come from this initial exploration over the next couple years. And I got to experiment all because I needed to fire John’s Frog Prince! Thank you John! The studies shown have had no cold working yet.